T.L. Morrisey

Sunday, September 18, 2022

Vincelli's Garden Centre

Like many others, I always enjoyed visiting Vincelli's Garden Centre; it closed about two years ago. Many of the first perennial flowers I planted in my garden came from Vincelli's and they were always strong plants, good stock, and I still have them; in fact, these plants have multiplied and I've divided them so they're in different places in the garden. I guess the condo that is planned to be built here will begin construction one of these days, in the meantime the whole lot has gone wild. It looks great as is! The plastic greenhouse has been removed, the main building has a few broken windows, there is some old junk at the old entrance to the main building. Well, everything changes but it's sad to see the demise of a place that is dear to the hearts of so many people, including my own. If the garden centre at Reno Depot closed I would be inconvenienced but I wouldn't be nostalgic for the place; that's the difference between Vincelli's and where I now go for garden supplies. And I am not impressed with the idea of more condos. We are told the population is growing and we have to house people somewhere, that's progress, but I am not a believer in progress. Progress is overrated; I like things the way they are.  









No comments: