T.L. Morrisey

Monday, May 30, 2022

Possible new St. Pierre River sighting

Leaving Meadowbrook Golf Course--anyone who has been there knows where this area is located--I could hear running water, but where was it coming from? Then I noticed a drainage ditch on the other side of the train tracks. Above the tracks is the Montreal West town maintenance department and other buildings. It seems to me, and I could be wrong, that this water could possibly be from the buried St. Pierre River on that side of the tracks. It's too late for this to be melting snow or spring run-off so the river may be the source of this water. Of course, I could be totally wrong and this is just wishful thinking. . .


This is the trail out of the golf course

On the right are train tracks and below are more train tracks

That is quite a lot of water emptying out of a drainage pipe

This is just about thirty feet east of the train bridge as you exit the golf course;
the train tracks going east and west are directly below the source of water

As I was watching this, a ground hot crossed the water; there
is still a lot of urban wildlife 


No comments: