T.L. Morrisey

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My drive home from work in March 2011(five)

Departure...





On the Champlain Bridge...




On the Decarie Expressway...



Downtown Montreal in the distance...

My exit...


Getting off at the Sherbrooke Street exit, then west on Sherbrooke and home...


It is true, even I find this drive home from the south shore of Montreal, across the Champlain Bridge (recently announced to be in need of demolition and a new bridge constructed at a cost of $6B; Pont Champlain, the busiest bridge in Canada with over 100,000 vehicles using it every day), then along the Decarie Expressway, so bleak and depressing as to make me wonder how much longer I can stand the drive... To think that I began this drive in 1976 when the bridge was only 16 years old, and now it is considered, by some, to no longer be safe. It would crumble in the event of an earthquake. I, too, am getting old.

No comments: