T.L. Morrisey

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Girouard Avenue (1))


In a few days my new book of poems, Girouard Avenue, will be published. I believe that this is my best work as a poet, my first book of new poems in eleven years. My last book, Mapping the Soul, New and Selected Poems, was published by the Muses' Company in Winnipeg in 1998. For the next while I will publish information on the book, as well as a special feature, new photographs of 2226 Girouard Avenue, after which the book was titled.

Some of the poems in the book are already online; for instance, "Hoolahan's Flat, Oxford Avenue," can be found in its entirety as an online chapbook at http://www.coraclepress.com/

The book's epilogue, "The Colours of the Irish Flag," can be found at the site of the Montreal Gazette. It is a video of me reading the poem, so this might be of interest to some readers.

2 comments:

Devin said...

Stephen-I will definitely try to get Girouard Avenue-I am still very poor but if silver will go up a wee bit more I can hopefully trade in a coin or two-I need great poetry right now-sometimes I think men and women of letters are the only thing that keeps me from going bonkers-either way I wish you the best with this new volume! If nothing else I will ask for it as my 2009 Christmas present! best as always to you and yours-I hope you are very happy and thanks so much for your blog-I got way behind on reading it so I have a lot of catching up to do!!

Stephen Morrissey said...

Hi Devin,

You're a good guy and I appreciate your situation. Send me your address and I'll mail you a copy as an early Christmas present: s.e.morrissey@gmail.com

Thanks for writing, I really appreciate hearing from you!!!

Stephen