T.L. Morrisey

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Dream Journeys: Psyche's Night Journey

Church in Ste-Anne de Bellevue, QC, 2009


3.

At the bottom of a garbage can in the kitchen,
the honeybees I left there fly out as a great black cloud.
I run to the living room and then close myself in a sun porch.
A dog, with a black face, joins me.
“They stung my face,” he complains.
Others join us and somehow we get rid of the bees.
Meanwhile, someone is sitting on the stairs outside by a pool in the garden.

4.

The key is broken to the old Volkswagen,
but it still starts the car.
I am with people I don’t know
and we arrive at someone’s house
after driving along a street in the city;
I tell a woman, “You can be selective
and find a country to live in,
like finding a place in the city.”
We sit in her house, she is a retired academic.
I look around and when she returns to the room
I ask, “How did you continue getting so many perks
even though you are retired from the university?”
When I am in the car, leaving, a young girl
comes over to say goodbye and we kiss on the mouth,
her tongue is, momentarily, in my mouth.
I am in a car, or on a couch with my wife,
and want to make love, but a man enters
and we must discuss business.


1 comment:

Devin said...

I love all of your work Stephen-although I haven't seen near "all" of it yet!!
These dream journey poems are so interesting-not to mention enhanced by your wonderful way with words!!
What is it about Canadians and wordsmithing?? You have a fantastic ability and I appreciate you sharing your journey in life (and in dreams) with the rest of the world!!
all the best to you and yours Stephen- I hope you are having a wonderful summer!!