T.L. Morrisey

Friday, October 10, 2008

Blaise Cendrars Cut Up (three)




The wings of our seven sins

And all the trains are the devil’s cup and ball

The poultry yard

The modern world

Speed is useless

In the modern world

Distances are too great

And at the end of the trip it's terrible to be a man with a

woman…

We can’t go to Japan

Come to Mexico!

On the escarpments the

Riotous vines

They seem a painter’s

Colors booming like

Rousseau was there

His life was dazzled

At Chita we had a few day’s piano and I had a raging

Five days stopover because of b

We spent it with Monsieur Iae that calm interior the father’s

me his only daughter in daughter who would come each

Then the train took off again.

And amputated limbs dance tulip trees are in bloom

raucous air tresses

Fire was on all the faces in alette and brushes

Idiot fingers rapped on all the ngs

And in the press of fear glance

In all the stations where all the

And I saw

Sleep

I would so have liked to sleep camels

I can identify all the countri more than 500 kilometers

closed it’s all I saw

And I can identify all the train

______________________________ 

Cut up of “Prose of the Transsiberian and of Little Jeanne of France”, by Blaise Cendrars

No comments: