T.L. Morrisey

Friday, October 9, 2009

Grandma's bedroom

Cupboard in the bedroom; the woodwork (now
painted over) is quite nice, elegant




That open door in the adjoining room
is the entrance from the stairs


Looking from the bedroom to the dining room



Window in my grandmother`s bedroom


These are all photographs of my grandmother's bedroom. Above, looking at the bedroom from the dining room. The others are of the cupboard in the room and the room in general.

There was an open house that I visited and took photographs of my grandmother`s last home, photos and visit took place in spring 2009. She lived here, on Girouard Avenue, from around 1924-25 to her passing in April 1965, and then her two sisters stayed on in the flat until 1968-69. I don`t think I had ever been in her bedroom, the door was open during the day and the foot of her bed was visible at the entrance to the room. During the day she often sat just to the right of the bedroom door, in the dining room, and the radio was playing. It was kind of an open-concept room, at the top of the stairs you entered to a foyer and the foyer opened to the dining room, other rooms were off this part of the flat. The flat was built in the early 1900s. (updated 15 September 2023)



2 comments:

Devin said...

Stephen,
thanks so much for putting these images up and for everything! I am a bit behind as usual on everyone's blogs. I didn't know the Lovecraft series would turn into such a project. It wouldn't be so time consuming but I am a very poor typist! Hopefully once the series is done I can rest a bit and get caught up on all of my friends' work. Best to you and yours as always!

Devin said...

PS-I meant to also say that Colin Wilson is a great researcher-he has a short mention in the Lovecraft series later. I think he would make a great subject for a series also. I have enjoyed the books I have read of his greatly! All the best!