T.L. Morrisey

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hingston Family Grave at Cote des Neiges Cemetery


After reading Allan Hustak's biography of Sir William Hingston, Montreal mayor, surgeon and banker (Price-Patterson Ltd., Canadian Publishers, Montreal, 2004), who lived from 1829 to 1907, I was delighted to find the Hingston family plot at Cote des Neiges cemetery. I used to live about six miles from the New York State border, at Trout River, and William Hingston grew up only a few miles away at Athelstan, Quebec. I enjoyed Hustak's book on Hingston very much. I've read several other books by Allan Hustak, including his excellent biography of St. Patrick's Basilica, and I recommend whatever he's written.

1 comment:

The Blog Fodder said...

It was a wonderful book. We are still working on our family tree but suspect a link is there somewhere between his family and ours.
Al Hingston