T.L. Morrisey

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Vacations, mid-1950s

That's my brother with his dog Buddy, on the road to Alburg or wherever in Vermont it was that we were going for a few weeks vacation. That must be Lake Champlain on the left.



Here is my brother and I posing, I think this must be at Fort Ticonderoga (spelling?) in Vermont. Is this the summer of 1957? It might be.

(Note: I've been informed that this isn't Fort Ticonderoga but Fort Chambly in Quebec on the way to Vermont. This seems accurate and I stand corrected.)

The road to North Hero, Vermont.



Maybe we went for a long drive one day, or down to Old Orchard Beach in Maine (I think that's where we got those American Civil War hats, one of which I am wearing in this photograph). That's my grandmother on the left and Auntie Mable on the right, and I'm standing between them.




It looks like a cool fall or spring day beside Lake Champlain.


(Below) This must have been taken on the same day as photo two above, my grandmother is wearing the same dress in it. That's my mother standing beside me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "Stephen Morrissey's Blog: Vacations, mid-1950s" to our Directory of Pets . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory and get a huge base of visitors to your website.


Warm Regards

Vaca-tion.info Team

http://www.vaca-tion.info