T.L. Morrisey

Saturday, April 25, 2009

FAMILY ALBUM


Family Album

When my mother moved to Toronto, at age 91, she gave me an old shoebox of family photos. It is a fascinating experience to sort through these images--mostly black and white but also some colour photographs--images of ourselves from when we were young, and of our parents, our grandparents, our aunts and uncles, relatives, friends, those faces to which we can’t attach a name, and some photographs of the old neighbourhoods where we used to live.

Here, then--on my 59th birthday--is the beginning of the next month or so of posting old family photographs. Everyday, to the end of May, a different set of photographs will be posted, and a brief explanation will accompany the photographs. This is also the beginning of the process of digitalizing all the old family photographs in my possession and making them available to anyone who wants to see them. Even if you don’t know any of these people, the images may still be of interest. The approximate dates of the photographs are mid-1920s to early 1960s. May I also suggest visiting the Morrissey family history website?

Stephen Morrissey
Montreal, 27 April 2009

1 comment:

Devin said...

Stephen-thanks for posting this-there is nothing -well almost nothing I like better than reviewing old photos and family history-I am kind of a sentimentalist I guess. I will come back soon to see them. I was up all night and need to get off puter soon. It is such a good idea for families to do this! My mother and I remarked the other day how such an incredible amount of precious information and the like gets scattered over the years-all the best to you!!